End to End HANA in 7 Months from Initial Planning to Go-Live
- SAP Suite on HANA Upgrade
- Unicode Enablement
- ABAP Code Optimization
- Full upgrade project management including testing
Top 5 telecommunications company in the US serving customers in 2/3rds of states as well as supporting enterprise customers worldwide.
Customer had to meet stringent new revenue recognition requirements which were unfeasible in their existing SAP landscape, only by upgrading to SAP Suite on HANA could these regulations be met.
This Suite on HANA upgrade project was initiated in response to impending regulatory changes, putting extra pressure on the timeline and overall success.
- Customer’s daily business requirements dictated a specific ‘go-live’ window for the upgrade to meet the regulatory deadline
- This go-live window dictated a very short project duration with potential fines and penalties if the upgrade was unsuccessful
- Given the customer’s very large DB size (18TB) & high level of customization meeting these goals would have been impossible without leveraging our intelligent automation platform
What did smartShift Technologies deliver?
- Four week End to End SoH Analysis and Planning Phase
- Utilized our intelligent automation to develop the delivery plan based on detailed scoping analysis not guesswork
- On-schedule SoH Go-Live 6 months later
- Fulfilled all requirements for HANA enabled performance improvements necessary for new revenue recognition requirements
- Targeted performance improvement effort yielded average increase of 4.2x with some programs improving as much as 18x
- Leveraged automation to enable:
- Full HANA compliance achieved across the ABAP custom code repository
- Targeted HANA Performance Optimization
- Targeted maintenance, stability, and architecture improvements
- Reduced legacy technical debt and modernized code
- Customer internal resources to focus on business requirements and innovation while smartShift managed the upgrade heavy lifting, a crucial requirement for project success
“smartShift’s Intelligent Automation Platform that ensure HANA compliance and optimization made it possible for us to meet our aggressive Suite on HANA migration cost and time objectives with the speed and predictability not found with any other vendor. Furthermore, the fact that smartShift took 100% accountability for code remediation allowed our SAP resources to continue working on internal initiatives.”
“smartShift leveraged its SAP expertise and proven track record to flawlessly deliver a 6-month HANA migration for our 18TB database.”
– IT Development & Support Director