smartShift at a glance
smartShift Technologies is a business transformation company with experience in transforming and managing hundreds of mission-critical applications of market-leading organizations of all sizes – early-stage start-ups, mid-market enterprises, and Fortune 1000 corporations. We are leading the enterprise software management revolution. Through our innovation in automation, we have radically changed the way companies transform and manage their enterprise systems. We have proprietary technology in automated code transformation that has been utilized in SAP to revolutionize updates to Fortune 500 companies. We also deliver large scale cloud transformation projects along with continued managed services in Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and other leading cloud technologies.
Our working culture combines the meritocratic approach of responsibility and compensation with swarm intelligence: we work as one team concentrating on deliverables under situational leadership. At smartShift, our customers are in the center of our activities and we take the risk to get actual results for them. We live an open and transparent culture which means we are honest with ourselves. Nevertheless, each team member embodies and appreciates accountability and reliability following the principle “I will be the change I seek”.
At smartShift, you will have the opportunity to work in a unique startup atmosphere – learning something new every day while still experiencing the top of line delivery. We like to dress casual, work smart, and constantly challenge the status quo. smartShift Technologies is headquartered in Boston, with offices in Bengaluru (India) & Mannheim (Germany).
We are an ISO 27001:2013 compliant organization and emphasize on information security of our clients.
smartShift Technologies is looking for a seasoned System Engineer – Cloud Managed Services to join our Bangalore team.
The engineer will act as the first point of contact for customers to report any issues relating to their 24/7 environment. The primary objective of the role is to provide the first-time resolution to incident tickets. This will be achieved by working, troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving requests at the first point of contact and/or by escalating to one of our 2nd line specialist teams to investigate and resolve. Throughout this process, the engineer will remain the single point of contact for the customer, maintaining ownership of the original request and acting as the main point of contact between the customer & smartShift. The engineer is responsible for providing timely updates and ensuring the customer requests are given the correct level of priority and attention.
This is a challenging position, which calls for excellent customer service skills, the ability to articulate solutions clearly to the end-users. The engineer must possess a high degree of technical knowledge across a broad range of technologies & products including; Hosting (Linux and Windows), Network and Cloud technologies
- Triage incoming requests/alerts in a professional, courteous manner over the phone, email, and ticketing system
- Take ownership of tickets and manage them in a logical & methodical manner
- Log incidents/requests accurately, categorize and prioritize them in line with team procedures
- Conduct full & thorough diagnostics with end-users to enable the first point of contact fault resolution
- Ensure all issues are resolved within defined SLA’s – escalate as necessary
- Manage tickets through their entire lifecycle from the first point of contact through to resolution, proactively communicate with the customer
- Identify and escalate repeat issues or service risks to 2nd level specialists
- Maintain & upgrade skills by proactively seeking learning opportunities
- Adhere to the shift roster maintained by the team manager – weeknights and weekend rotational shifts
- Share learnings and knowledge with colleagues
Skills & Experience:
- Experience, working on Linux & Windows-based platforms
- Experience, working on any virtualization environment
- Exposure to Public/Private Clouds
- Knowledge of web technologies (i.e. Tomcat, Apache)
- A keen interest in networking & WAN technology
- Strong written & verbal communication skills; should be able to handle US clients
- Proven hands-on experience providing helpdesk support
- Possess customer-centric mentality while troubleshooting issues
- Highly organized & able to work with minimal supervision
- Flexible & willing to work outside core business hours as required
- Experience working with any ticketing & monitoring tool is a plus
- Knowledge/Training on Fusion middleware products is plus
- ITIL process knowledge is a plus
- Any Engineering degree or else a BCA/MCA
- 4-5 years of experience in Linux Administration
INDIA JOB Application Form
In order to provide you with high-quality content and personalized service in the future, we need your personal data. This information helps us to create more relevant content for you. Privacy practices and information on how we protect your privacy can be found in our Privacy information for applicants / Datenschutzhinweise für Bewerber.