smartShift at a glance
smartShift Technologies is a business transformation company with experience in transforming and managing hundreds of mission-critical applications of market-leading organizations of all sizes – early-stage start-ups, mid-market enterprises, and Fortune 1000 corporations. We are leading the enterprise software management revolution. Through our innovation in automation, we have radically changed the way companies transform and manage their enterprise systems. We have proprietary technology in automated code transformation that has been utilized in SAP to revolutionize updates to Fortune 500 companies. We also deliver large scale cloud transformation projects along with continued managed services in Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and other leading cloud technologies.
Our working culture combines the meritocratic approach of responsibility and compensation with swarm intelligence: we work as one team concentrating on deliverables under situational leadership. At smartShift, our customers are in the center of our activities and we take the risk to get actual results for them. We live an open and transparent culture which means we are honest with ourselves. Nevertheless, each team member embodies and appreciates accountability and reliability following the principle “I will be the change I seek”.
At smartShift, you will have the opportunity to work in a unique startup atmosphere – learning something new every day while still experiencing the top of line delivery. We like to dress casual, work smart, and constantly challenge the status quo. smartShift Technologies is headquartered in Boston, with offices in Bengaluru (India) & Mannheim (Germany).
We are an ISO 27001:2013 compliant organization and emphasize on information security of our clients.
smartShift Technologies is looking for a seasoned Solution Architect – SAP BASIS to join our Bangalore team.
- Independent ability to execute OS/DB migration projects and resolve issues especially with HANA upgrade and migration
- Lead the team technically on Production support and resolve day to day technical issues
- Gather requirements, design, architect, and implement optimal solutions for SAP landscape based on
- Should be willing to work on USA time zone as project demands
Skills & Experience:
- Complete architectural know-how of ABAP and JAVA stacks and of other BASIS activities
- Very good knowledge and experience in Cloud architecture (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Ability to gather Client’s business requirements and implement them with optimal technical solutions
- Experience and deep knowledge of SAP systems, including S/4HANA, and the required architecture and infrastructure to support them
- Provide recommendations and guidance on the SAP platform and tools
- Should lead a BASIS team and act as a SPOC for customers for the production support and Project activities
- Strong knowledge & hands-on experience in technical planning, implementation, upgrades, migration, and maintenance of various SAP modules on-premise and on cloud (preferable)
- Must have strong SAP Basis skills on Operating Systems Linux/Unix, and Windows
- Strong experience in most of the databases like Oracle, HANA, MSSQL, DB2, Sybase, and MaxDB. Table administration, Performance tuning, Backup and restore, point-in-time recovery on these databases
- Knowledge of infrastructure, especially cloud infrastructure is a big plus
- Experience in OS/DB/Infrastructure migration especially HANA migration using SUM/DMO from any source database like Oracle/SQL/DB2
- Experience in Unicode conversion and S/4 HANA migrations
- Hands-on experience in SAP systems sizing including HANA landscape
- Good experience in HANA installation, administration, and maintenance in scaled up and scaled out landscape
- Expertise in the configuration of SAP systems not limiting to ECC, CRM, SRM, SCM, Portal, BW, PI, GRC, GTS, MDG, MDM, HCM, EWM, Solution manager
- Experience in most of these – TREX, Live cache, BEx reporting, NWDI, FIORI, Web dispatcher, BOBJ, BODS, IS, Content Server, SLT, Pre-calc, etc.
- Experience in System refresh, system copy, Client copy, Client export/import
- Experience in EHP upgrades, SP updates, Patches, kernel upgrades, and so on
- Experience with Solution manager 7.1/7.2 EWA configuration, Setup systems monitoring, Root cause analysis, Automated monitoring and alerting setup, E2E implementation of Solman
- Experience in High availability setup in Unix and Windows with various clustering tools, and disaster recovery setup
- Experience in security activities like central user administration, managing roles, and profiles of various business systems, SSO configuration, integrating with active directory, etc.
- A big plus to have automation and scripting skills on any of the BASIS activities like System Refresh, transports, monitoring, etc.
- Mentor Junior staffs to train them in various support and project activities
- Should possess strong problem solving and analytical skills and demonstrate strong technical leadership to solve customer problems
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) & interpersonal skills
- 15 years’ experience as SAP Basis Engineer
- SAP Netweaver, HANA, OSDB migration, Cloud (AWS/Azure) certifications preferable
- 2+ full lifecycle SAP implementations, 2+ upgrades, 2+ migrations/conversions, 2+ support projects
- Good infrastructure knowledge on Network, Storage, etc.
INDIA JOB Application Form
In order to provide you with high-quality content and personalized service in the future, we need your personal data. This information helps us to create more relevant content for you. Privacy practices and information on how we protect your privacy can be found in our Privacy information for applicants / Datenschutzhinweise für Bewerber.