smartShift at a glance
smartShift Technologies is a business transformation company with experience in transforming and managing hundreds of mission-critical applications of market-leading organizations of all sizes – early-stage start-ups, mid-market enterprises, and Fortune 1000 corporations. We are leading the enterprise software management revolution. Through our innovation in automation, we have radically changed the way companies transform and manage their enterprise systems. We have proprietary technology in automated code transformation that has been utilized in SAP to revolutionize updates to Fortune 500 companies. We also deliver large scale cloud transformation projects along with continued managed services in Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and other leading cloud technologies.
Our working culture combines the meritocratic approach of responsibility and compensation with swarm intelligence: we work as one team concentrating on deliverables under situational leadership. At smartShift, our customers are in the center of our activities and we take the risk to get actual results for them. We live an open and transparent culture which means we are honest with ourselves. Nevertheless, each team member embodies and appreciates accountability and reliability following the principle “I will be the change I seek”.
At smartShift, you will have the opportunity to work in a unique startup atmosphere – learning something new every day while still experiencing the top of line delivery. We like to dress casual, work smart, and constantly challenge the status quo. smartShift Technologies is headquartered in Boston, with offices in Bengaluru (India) & Mannheim (Germany).
We are an ISO 27001:2013 compliant organization and emphasize on information security of our clients.
smartShift Technologies is looking for a seasoned Senior Manager – Finance & Accounting to join our Bangalore team.
- Manage the Accounts Payable process including reviewing vendor agreements, vendor invoicing, payments, taxes as applicable, improving the AP workflow
- Manage Accounts Receivable process including reviewing contracts, customer billing, collections. Have a good understanding of Revenue Recognition as per ASC 606.
- Manage daily, month-end, quarter-end, and year-end accounting, including general ledger entries and sub-ledger entries in a manner supporting a multi-currency system in compliance with the US GAAP and with local accounting standards.
- Perform month-end procedures and close the books on time.
- Maintain various Balance sheet reconciliations/schedules like Balance prepayments, accrual, deferred and unbilled revenue, Fixed Assets, etc.
- Finalization of Financials Statements Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Account, Variance Analysis.
- Set up well-defined and documented processes, prepare/update standard operating procedures, process maps across entities.
- Experience in financial consolidation
- Ensure confidentiality and integrity of financial information by establishing strong internal process controls
- Continuously thrive to improve F&A processes within or outside NetSuite including process digitization.
- Manage and/or provide direct support for corporate and local audits/taxes
- Support/Prepare various management reports
- Work closely with the Finance Director to execute strategy on the ground level.
- Work with Off-shore / Onsite finance teams
Skills & Experience:
- Experience at an enterprise software company with both product and service revenue; SaaS/subscription etc.
- Hand on experience in handling end to end processes within the accounting department
- Hand on experience managing month-end close/year-end and consolidation process
- Prior Experience in Netsuite is highly desirable.
- Strong analytical skills, problem solver, detailed oriented and appreciation for accuracy.
- Very strong attention to detail and a passion for digging into processes to better understand them and communicate the big picture.
- Ability to efficiently provide high-quality work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate complex scenarios and topics in a clear and ingestible manner.
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- CA/CPA or similar accounting qualification with 6+ years of industry experience
- Inter CA/ B. Com/ M. Com with 10 + years of industry experience
In order to provide you with high-quality content and personalized service in the future, we need your personal data. This information helps us to create more relevant content for you. Privacy practices and information on how we protect your privacy can be found in our privacy information for applicants.