smartShift at a glance
smartShift Technologies is a business transformation company with experience in transforming and managing hundreds of mission-critical applications of market-leading organizations of all sizes – early-stage start-ups, mid-market enterprises, and Fortune 1000 corporations. We are leading the enterprise software management revolution. Through our innovation in automation, we have radically changed the way companies transform and manage their enterprise systems. We have proprietary technology in automated code transformation that has been utilized in SAP to revolutionize updates to Fortune 500 companies. We also deliver large scale cloud transformation projects along with continued managed services in Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and other leading cloud technologies.
Our working culture combines the meritocratic approach of responsibility and compensation with swarm intelligence: we work as one team concentrating on deliverables under situational leadership. At smartShift, our customers are in the center of our activities and we take the risk to get actual results for them. We live an open and transparent culture which means we are honest with ourselves. Nevertheless, each team member embodies and appreciates accountability and reliability following the principle “I will be the change I seek”.
At smartShift, you will have the opportunity to work in a unique startup atmosphere – learning something new every day while still experiencing the top of line delivery. We like to dress casual, work smart, and constantly challenge the status quo. smartShift Technologies is headquartered in Boston, with offices in Bengaluru (India) & Mannheim (Germany).
We are an ISO 27001:2013 compliant organization and emphasize on information security of our clients.
smartShift Technologies is looking for a seasoned Product Owner to join our Bangalore team.
- Work with Product Managers to clearly understand product vision and translate the product vision into user stories
- Work with Developers to vertically slice user stories into small sizable chunks and agree on acceptance criteria
- Create detailed product specifications to be used in written specifications, business rules flows and use cases, as well as user-experience, generated deliverables such as mock-ups, wireframes, and design documents
- Guide projects through development and bring high-quality product enhancements to life
- Partner closely with engineering in crafting useful and usable user experiences
- Understand our customer and business needs and translate that knowledge into continuous product enhancements
- Manage the delivery of product vision, product project plans, and product specifications
- “Own” the product’s user experience and feature set development and act as a product evangelist to build awareness within the organization
- Bring creative problem solving and an innovative mindset to challenges
- Identify and analyze data and customer feedback/research to define problems, measure results, and prioritize competing opportunities
- Anticipate bottlenecks, ruthlessly prioritize, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance business needs against technical constraints
- Adapt and remain flexible to changing priorities and consider new ideas while having the business’s success firmly in your focus
- Plan and manage multiple parallel initiatives
- Manage the backlog and prioritization for engineering teams
Skills & Experience:
- SAP Background is a must
- 3+ years of software product management experience in Cloud-related products
- 3+ years’ experience as a product manager successfully shipping products
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving, decision-making, and analytical skills
- Data-driven decision maker
- Experienced with Agile/lean Delivery frameworks
- A passion for driving efficiency and quality metrics
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment with varied responsibilities
- Experience designing and building great user experiences on web and mobile
- Strong understanding of all aspects of the product development lifecycle, including product strategy development, requirements definition, UE design, engineering, QA, and launch
- Passion for great user experience and design
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Being a team player
- Certified Product Owner Certification (CSPO)
- Familiarity with Jira and/or Confluence
In order to provide you with high-quality content and personalized service in the future, we need your personal data. This information helps us to create more relevant content for you. Privacy practices and information on how we protect your privacy can be found in our privacy information for applicants.