smartShift at a glance
smartShift Technologies is a business transformation company with experience in transforming and managing hundreds of mission-critical applications of market-leading organizations of all sizes – early-stage start-ups, mid-market enterprises, and Fortune 1000 corporations. We are leading the enterprise software management revolution. Through our innovation in automation, we have radically changed the way companies transform and manage their enterprise systems. We have proprietary technology in automated code transformation that has been utilized in SAP to revolutionize updates to Fortune 500 companies. We also deliver large-scale cloud transformation projects along with continued managed services in Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and other leading cloud technologies.
Our working culture combines the meritocratic approach of responsibility and compensation with swarm intelligence: we work as one team concentrating on deliverables under situational leadership. At smartShift, our customers are in the center of our activities and we take the risk to get actual results for them. We live an open and transparent culture which means we are honest with ourselves. Nevertheless, each team member embodies and appreciates accountability and reliability following the principle “I will be the change I seek”.
At smartShift, you will have the opportunity to work in a unique startup atmosphere – learning something new every day while still experiencing the top of line delivery. We like to dress casual, work smart, and constantly challenge the status quo. smartShift Technologies is headquartered in Boston, with offices in Bengaluru (India) & Mannheim (Germany).
We are an ISO 27001:2013 compliant organization and emphasize on information security of our clients.
smartShift Technologies is looking for a seasoned Java Developer to join our Bangalore team.
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications using agile methodologies, delivering high availability and performance
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle
- Show competence by directing the development of entire modules with little supervision
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code following standards
- Participate in database design, SQL queries, and performance improvements
- Conduct unit, integration, regression, and system testing and fix any defects found to ensure that the release of the source code has zero defects
- Participate in the process of reviewing code for consistent application of best practices, logic, and effective use of libraries and re-usable aspects of the application
- Find effective solutions to technical issues and ensure that the application performs the functions as required by business
- Ensure that the development items are delivered within the required timelines
- Should be in sync with recent enhancements/improvements in technologies
Skills & Experience:
- The candidate should have a minimum of 4 years of hands-on experience in designing and developing applications using Java platforms.
- Must have worked on Spring, Spring Boot
- Excellent knowledge of Micro-Services development (Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
- Proven hands-on experience in JAVA script / TypeScript and UI5
- Experience in DevOps and knowledge of tools (JSON, Jenkins, Jira, Kanban, Git, Maven)
- Solid understanding of RDBMS, including schema design, SQL, and ORM (JPA, Hibernate, …)
- Good knowledge of OpenShift and its architecture is a plus
- Good to have knowledge of Code coverage and static tool analysis tools (Sonar)
- SAP JCO experience is a plus
- 2 to 5 years years of IT experience in JAVA
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
INDIA JOB Application Form
In order to provide you with high-quality content and personalized service in the future, we need your personal data. This information helps us to create more relevant content for you. Privacy practices and information on how we protect your privacy can be found in our Privacy information for applicants / Datenschutzhinweise für Bewerber.