smartShift at a glance
smartShift Technologies is a business transformation company with experience in transforming and managing hundreds of mission-critical applications of market-leading organizations of all sizes – early-stage start-ups, mid-market enterprises, and Fortune 1000 corporations. We are leading the enterprise software management revolution. Through our innovation in automation, we have radically changed the way companies transform and manage their enterprise systems. We have proprietary technology in automated code transformation that has been utilized in SAP to revolutionize updates to Fortune 500 companies. We also deliver large scale cloud transformation projects along with continued managed services in Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and other leading cloud technologies.
Our working culture combines the meritocratic approach of responsibility and compensation with swarm intelligence: we work as one team concentrating on deliverables under situational leadership. At smartShift, our customers are in the center of our activities and we take the risk to get actual results for them. We live an open and transparent culture which means we are honest with ourselves. Nevertheless, each team member embodies and appreciates accountability and reliability following the principle “I will be the change I seek”.
At smartShift, you will have the opportunity to work in a unique startup atmosphere – learning something new every day while still experiencing the top of line delivery. We like to dress casual, work smart, and constantly challenge the status quo. smartShift Technologies is headquartered in Boston, with offices in Bengaluru (India) & Mannheim (Germany).
We are an ISO 27001:2013 compliant organization and emphasize on information security of our clients.
smartShift Technologies is looking for a seasoned Java Architect/Technical Lead to join our Bangalore team.
- Deliver technical strategies and solutions, application development, and end-users services
- Lead projects to implement new or enhance existing functionalities including articulating requirements and translating them into effective technical solutions
- Build and maintain strong relationships and partnerships with team members across globe and customer stakeholders
- Work collaboratively as a team player to develop mutually acceptable solutions, and act as a mentor to the team
- Solve problems and provide support, taking responsibility to make decisions when appropriate
- Effectively communicate with team members and customers, Be able to articulate technology to a non-technical audience
- Build relationships with technical team members in all offices
- Track and manage dependencies across lines of business and platforms, Maintain technical risks register with mitigations
- Create or maintain architectural artifacts like architectural overview, architectural decisions, integrations diagram, non-functional requirements
- Collaborate with other technical team members and create a forum for sharing knowledge
- Come up with innovative ideas to improve quality in delivery
- Deploy, administer and support Microservices components in a RedHat OpenShift environment
- Should be hands-on and be ready to write complex code while mentoring junior developers to learn
- Thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment and lead by example
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in the following areas are preferred – Microservices, Spring Boot, Spring Security with OAuth2, SOAP and SOAP UI, Jenkins configuration, AngularJS, RedHat PaaS (RHEL, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Camel, Fuse)
- Well versed in front end and back end development
- Good understanding of encryption technology
- Knowledge of infrastructure especially cloud infrastructure is desirable
- Should be conversant with DevOps methodologies
- At least 3 years of experience as a technical lead – coaching, presenting architectural/design elements to customers and team members
- Should possess strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Should have experience reviewing code for team members and etching out a concrete code quality plan
- Should have at least two years of experience working on projects using Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Should have 2+ years of experience using JUnit on projects
- Consistent incorporation of best practices and standards while coding; in particular: secure coding practices
- Good Exposure to building secure and scalable applications
- At least 4+ years handling customers directly should have presented architecture artifacts and technical solutions to customers and influenced customers
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills – should be able to influence customer stakeholders and senior management
- Team player and ability to work proactively, provide mentorship and directions to the team and making technical decisions independently
- BE/MCA or equivalent area
- 15-20 years of software industry experience
INDIA JOB Application Form
In order to provide you with high-quality content and personalized service in the future, we need your personal data. This information helps us to create more relevant content for you. Privacy practices and information on how we protect your privacy can be found in our Privacy information for applicants / Datenschutzhinweise für Bewerber.