smartShift at a glance
smartShift modernizes, moves, and manages SAP applications, for industry-leading companies seeking to realize the full potential of S/4 HANA and hyperscale cloud infrastructure. Leveraging smartShift’s Intelligent Automation Platform, smartShift clients complete SAP system transformations exponentially faster and with significantly less risk. They upgrade to S/4 HANA in a matter of months, minimize disruption to their business, while freeing up their limited IT resources for higher value, more strategic work. smartShift’s automation has been used to modernize over 1,000 SAP systems, analyze and convert 2B lines of code while achieving an error rate of less than 0.1%. For more information, visit www.smartshift.com.
We are looking for an Enterprise Solution Architect (ESA)(m/w/d)
At smartShift the ESA is the lead technical resource enabling customers to take advantage of our advanced system transformation capabilities, specifically to simplify, standardize, and modernize the custom ABAP code in enterprise SAP systems through smart automation. smartShift’s patented automation enables SAP customers to automatically remediate and enhances literally millions of lines of code without manual labor. As an ESA you’ll define solutions for customers incorporating this powerful technology and be the hands-on technical lead leveraging our tools. As an ESA at smartShift you’ll do amazing things like remediating and optimize a Fortune 50’s entire custom SAP code base for S/4HANA in only a few hours.
Responsible for the following as related to all engagements assigned:
- Provide architectural direction on how an engagement’s technical deliverables will be satisfied and provide support for the technical aspects of engagement planning.
- Provide a detailed level of technical/product expertise to the account team, representing how smartShift’s products/solutions solve specific client problems
- Perform technical presentations/demonstrations of smartShift’s products/solutions
- Be a part of the sales pursuit team and contribute to proposal development
- Visit clients in support of projects and sales
- Author white papers, present at conferences, and acts as a “Technology/Solution Evangelist” for smartShift
- Train other members of the organization on how to use our automation products, and other areas of technical expertise relevant to our customer.
- Be a key member of bleeding-edge projects supporting customers as they upgrade to the latest SAP technology and take advantage of advanced capabilities when running SAP on public cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, and GCP
Skills & Experience
- 10+ years’ experience with SAP, primarily in custom development.
- Familiarity with all manner of SAP ABAP custom object types.
- Experienced in multiple SAP project lifecycles.
- Experienced with SAP upgrades and migrations, especially HANA, S/4HANA.
- Experienced in Consulting and Solutioning.
- Knowledgeable of SAP’s strategy with products like S/4HANA Cloud, Business Technology Platform
- Knowledgeable of public cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP). Certification a plus.
- Knowledgeable of modern software development approaches, architectures, and development life cycles.
- Unsatisfied with doing things via the status quo and always looking for more efficiency and automation, a DevOps mindset.
- Challenging & diverse: a job in an international IT company with challenging and diverse projects for high-class clients that encourages contributing new ideas and pushing new projects ahead.
- Communicative & inclusive: our company culture promotes team spirit as well as open communication and cooperation among all colleagues and managers.
- Comprehensive benefits: including 30 days of annual leave, a subsidized ticket to public transport (so-called Jobticket), subsidized usage of bicycles (so-called JobRad), capital-forming payments, different working time models, height-adjustable desks, up-to-date technical equipment as well as free beverages and fruits – located in a new office space in the heart of Mannheim and Munich.
- Team building: regular team events and celebrations make us grow closer together as an innovative and highly motivated team.
EMEA JOB Application Form
In order to provide you with high-quality content and personalized service in the future, we need your personal data. This information helps us to create more relevant content for you. Privacy practices and information on how we protect your privacy can be found in our Privacy information for applicants / Datenschutzhinweise für Bewerber.