smartShift at a glance
smartShift Technologies is a business transformation company with experience in transforming and managing hundreds of mission-critical applications of market-leading organizations of all sizes – early-stage start-ups, mid-market enterprises, and Fortune 1000 corporations. We are leading the enterprise software management revolution. Through our innovation in automation, we have radically changed the way companies transform and manage their enterprise systems. We have proprietary technology in automated code transformation that has been utilized in SAP to revolutionize updates to Fortune 500 companies. We also deliver large scale cloud transformation projects along with continued managed services in Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and other leading cloud technologies.
Our working culture combines the meritocratic approach of responsibility and compensation with swarm intelligence: we work as one team concentrating on deliverables under situational leadership. At smartShift, our customers are in the center of our activities and we take the risk to get actual results for them. We live an open and transparent culture which means we are honest with ourselves. Nevertheless, each team member embodies and appreciates accountability and reliability following the principle “I will be the change I seek”.
At smartShift, you will have the opportunity to work in a unique startup atmosphere – learning something new every day while still experiencing the top of the line delivery. We like to dress casual, work smart, and constantly challenge the status quo. smartShift Technologies is headquartered in Boston, with offices in Bengaluru (India) & Mannheim (Germany).
We are an ISO 27001:2013 compliant organization and emphasize on information security of our clients.
smartShift Technologies is looking for a seasoned Database Administrator – Oracle to join our Bangalore team.
- Perform regular database administration tasks.
- Perform HA and DR setup maintenance tasks
- Analyze the performance metrics and provide tuning recommendations
- Analyze the repetitive support requests and provide the automation feasibility
- Handle incidents and problems
- Perform trend analysis of the incidents/events and help in finding the resolution
Skills & Experience:
- Real-time experience in DB administration (Installation/Tablespace Management/Object Management
- Expertise in RMAN and other backup(Expdp/Impdp) methodology implementations
- Experience in Database Patching/Upgrade/Migrations
- Experience in managing the HA and DR setups (Standby, DataGuard)
- Ability to generate and analyze the performance-related reports (AWR/ADDM)
- Knowledge on GoldenGate is desirable
- Basic database performance tuning skills required
- Knowledge of Oracle 12C/19C new features
- Experience with client interaction is preferred
- Knowledge of RAC & ASM is desirable
- Exposure to other Open Source database is preferred (MySQL)
- Exposure to NoSQL databases (Mongo, Cassandra) is desirable
- Exposure to AWS Cloud is desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Any graduate with 3 years of experience with Oracle 10g/11g/12c Certification is preferred.
In order to provide you with high-quality content and personalized service in the future, we need your personal data. This information helps us to create more relevant content for you. Privacy practices and information on how we protect your privacy can be found in our privacy information for applicants.