smartShift at a glance
smartShift Technologies is a business transformation company with experience in transforming and managing hundreds of mission-critical applications of market-leading organizations of all sizes – early-stage start-ups, mid-market enterprises, and Fortune 1000 corporations. We are leading the enterprise software management revolution. Through our innovation in automation, we have radically changed the way companies transform and manage their enterprise systems. We have proprietary technology in automated code transformation that has been utilized in SAP to revolutionize updates to Fortune 500 companies. We also deliver large scale cloud transformation projects along with continued managed services in Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and other leading cloud technologies.
Our working culture combines the meritocratic approach of responsibility and compensation with swarm intelligence: we work as one team concentrating on deliverables under situational leadership. At smartShift, our customers are in the center of our activities and we take the risk to get actual results for them. We live an open and transparent culture which means we are honest with ourselves. Nevertheless, each team member embodies and appreciates accountability and reliability following the principle “I will be the change I seek”.
At smartShift, you will have the opportunity to work in a unique startup atmosphere – learning something new every day while still experiencing the top of line delivery. We like to dress casual, work smart, and constantly challenge the status quo. smartShift Technologies is headquartered in Boston, with offices in Bengaluru (India) & Mannheim (Germany).
We are an ISO 27001:2013 compliant organization and emphasize on information security of our clients.
smartShift Technologies is looking for a seasoned MongoDB Lead to join our Bangalore team.
- Perform regular Database administration tasks
- Implementing best practices for replication, sharding, indexing and health checks
- Architecture design as per the Application requirement
- Design and implement DR plans & HA solutions and recommendations
- Evaluate, plan and perform the DB upgrades
- Implement optimal backup and recovery strategies
- Fine-tune configurations – MongoDB and servers for performance improvement
- Automating the process of deploying DB changes and repetitive requests wherever possible
- Understand and optimize query performance
- Handle incidents and problems
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in designing, installing and configuring MongoDB servers
- Backup & Recovery methods and strategies
- Database optimization and Security maintenance
- Experience in CRUD & user management operations
- Expertise in configuring replica sets & Sharding clusters for Production and lower environments
- Experience in database and Oplog backups/restores using mongodump utility
- Expertise in database upgrades for Replica set and Sharding environments
- Experience in installation of MMS agent and adding the clusters to Cloud manager
- Knowledge in mongo built-in binaries to monitor and analyze the performance of MONGODB
- Cross-platform migration and up-gradation without downtime
- Experience in MongoDB Performance Tuning
- Adding and removing shards from a shared cluster
- Adding and removing Arbiter based on the requirements
- Good to have – C100DBA: MongoDB Certified DBA Associate Certificate
- Good to have knowledge in other DB flavors and AWS
- 5-7 years. Good to have Oracle/MSSQL with MongoDB as well
INDIA JOB Application Form
In order to provide you with high-quality content and personalized service in the future, we need your personal data. This information helps us to create more relevant content for you. Privacy practices and information on how we protect your privacy can be found in our Privacy information for applicants / Datenschutzhinweise für Bewerber.