smartShift at a glance
smartShift Technologies is a business transformation company with experience in transforming and managing hundreds of mission-critical applications of market-leading organizations of all sizes – early-stage start-ups, mid-market enterprises, and Fortune 1000 corporations. We are leading the enterprise software management revolution. Through our innovation in automation, we have radically changed the way companies transform and manage their enterprise systems. We have proprietary technology in automated code transformation that has been utilized in SAP to revolutionize updates to Fortune 500 companies. We also deliver large scale cloud transformation projects along with continued managed services in Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and other leading cloud technologies.
Our working culture combines the meritocratic approach of responsibility and compensation with swarm intelligence: we work as one team concentrating on deliverables under situational leadership. At smartShift, our customers are in the center of our activities and we take the risk to get actual results for them. We live an open and transparent culture which means we are honest with ourselves. Nevertheless, each team member embodies and appreciates accountability and reliability following the principle “I will be the change I seek”.
At smartShift, you will have the opportunity to work in a unique startup atmosphere – learning something new every day while still experiencing the top of line delivery. We like to dress casual, work smart, and constantly challenge the status quo. smartShift Technologies is headquartered in Boston, with offices in Bengaluru (India) & Mannheim (Germany).
We are an ISO 27001:2013 compliant organization and emphasize on information security of our clients.
smartShift Technologies is looking for a seasoned Consultant – SAP BASIS to join our Bangalore team.
- Should be able to handle Production support and resolve day to day technical issues
- Independently work on activities like System refresh, Upgrades, installations, etc.
- Should be willing to work on weekends and night shifts as project demands
Skills & Experience:
- Candidate should have strong Basis knowledge and abilities that include core administration of SAP production systems as well as an aptitude for identifying and solving various technical problems
- Strong knowledge & hands-on experience in technical planning, implementation, upgrades, migration and maintenance of various SAP modules on premise and on cloud (preferable)
- Must have strong SAP Basis skills on Operating Systems Linux/Unix, and Windows
- Strong experience in most of the database like Oracle, HANA, MSSQL, DB2, Sybase and MaxDB. Knowledge on Sybase is preferable
- Experience in OS/DB/Infrastructure migration especially HANA migration using SUM/DMO from any source database like Oracle/SQL/DB2
- Good experience in HANA installation, administration, and maintenance in scaled up and scaled out landscape
- Experience in System refresh, system copy, Client copy, Client export/import
- Experience in EHP upgrades, SP updates, Patches, kernel upgrades, and so on
- Experience with Solution manager 7.1/7.2 EWA configuration, Setup systems monitoring.
- The candidate should be willing to work in shifts and weekends (On-call on a rotation basis).
- A big plus to have automation and scripting skills on any of the BASIS activities like System Refresh, transports, monitoring, etc.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) & interpersonal skills
- 5-6 years’ experience as SAP Basis Engineer
- Any of the SAP Netweaver, HANA, OSDB migration certification would be preferrable
In order to provide you with high-quality content and personalized service in the future, we need your personal data. This information helps us to create more relevant content for you. Privacy practices and information on how we protect your privacy can be found in our Privacy information for applicants / Datenschutzhinweise für Bewerber.