smartShift at a glance
smartShift Technologies is a business transformation company with experience in transforming and managing hundreds of mission-critical applications of market-leading organizations of all sizes – early-stage start-ups, mid-market enterprises, and Fortune 1000 corporations. We are leading the enterprise software management revolution. Through our innovation in automation, we have radically changed the way companies transform and manage their enterprise systems. We have proprietary technology in automated code transformation that has been utilized in SAP to revolutionize updates to Fortune 500 companies. We also deliver large scale cloud transformation projects along with continued managed services in Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and other leading cloud technologies.
Our working culture combines the meritocratic approach of responsibility and compensation with swarm intelligence: we work as one team concentrating on deliverables under situational leadership. At smartShift, our customers are in the center of our activities and we take the risk to get actual results for them. We live an open and transparent culture which means we are honest with ourselves. Nevertheless, each team member embodies and appreciates accountability and reliability following the principle “I will be the change I seek”.
At smartShift, you will have the opportunity to work in a unique startup atmosphere – learning something new every day while still experiencing the top of line delivery. We like to dress casual, work smart, and constantly challenge the status quo. smartShift Technologies is headquartered in Boston, with offices in Bengaluru (India) & Mannheim (Germany).
We are an ISO 27001:2013 compliant organization and emphasize on information security of our clients.
smartShift Technologies is looking for a seasoned Cloud Administrator to join our Bangalore team.
Skills & Experience:
- Good Hand-On Experience in Amazon AWS/EC2, Azure, Cloud APIs, and enterprise integration points
- Writing and deploying automation to maintain our deployments across multiple environments.
- Linux administration (RHEL/Ubuntu preferred)
- Providing assistance to DEV and QA groups to include: participating in meetings, building out environments, troubleshooting deployment/configuration related problems
- Scripting ability (BASH, python, PHP)
- Experience with Agile development tools (Jira, Git/ SVN)
- Knowledge of network architecture and troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL (experience with database replication is a plus)
- Experience with continuous integration in a highly available production environment is desirable
- Programming Languages: Java, Bash, and/or Python programming skills to automate any installation/build/delivery process
- Experience with a microservice architecture running in containers (Docker or other containerization technology)
- Container orchestration frameworks like Docker, Rancher, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm
- Very strong experience with app deployment, configuration management using Ansible/Puppet
- Experience with Git and Subversion
- Experience in administration and development of CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Jenkins, Bamboo, Rundeck (or other CI/CD tools)
- Scripting using Bash, Python, Perl, or similar scripting languages
- Ability to troubleshoot Maven builds of Java apps
- Experience with App Servers: WebSphere Application Server, Apache Tomcat, Camel, Jboss
- Experience with Splunk, Nagios, Dynatrace, or New Relic a plus
- Experience with Logstash, Elasticsearch, and Kibana
- Cloud Platform: AWS, Azure
- AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM);
- Deployment & Management (Elastic Beanstalk, AWS CodeDeploy, Cloud formation);
- Compute & Networking (EC2, VPN, VPC, AMI, lambda, RDS, S3, Direct Connect, Route 53, DynamoDB/Redshift, ElastiCache);
- OS: Linux, Windows
- Source code Management: GIT/SVN
- Configuration Management: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform
- Continuous Integration: Jenkins / VSTS
- Containerization: Docker
- Bash scripting, Python scripting, or Powershell
- Any graduate with 4-5 years of experience with AWS/Azure Certification is preferred.
INDIA JOB Application Form
In order to provide you with high-quality content and personalized service in the future, we need your personal data. This information helps us to create more relevant content for you. Privacy practices and information on how we protect your privacy can be found in our privacy information for applicants.